SSL Forums
 Home        Members        Who's On

Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Self_signed certificate from a single machine...Expand / Collapse

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie
I am implementing SSL between multiple PCs and UNIX machines. I'll be using self signed certificates. I am new to SSL. My question is

Do I have the generate the self signed certificate on each machine for use by that particular machine? I like to centralize the control and was wondering if I can generate self signed certificate for UNIX_Server1, UNIX_Server2.....UNIX_ServerN and just ftp the generated certificate to each Server. Of course the certificate will carry a unique ID for each Server.

If the above is doable, can I also ftp certificates generated on UNIX to my windows server ? If not, I don't mind doing Windows certificate on Windows and UNIX certificate on Unix. It is just not practical for me to do the certificate generation on each server.

Posted 1/26/2009 10:38:01 PMPost #228

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie
Hello,

Why you are using self sign certificate for your server, while rapidsslonline.com offer lower price certificate.

Thanks,
Mark Brown
www.thesslstore.com
www.rapidsslonline.com
Posted 1/29/2013 6:08:48 AMPost #4931

I'm agree with Mark and not recommend self sign specially when you organize your e-commerce but i'm not saying that self sign is useless, it is also very useful in particular intense.
I am not Representative of ssl provider till i always like to recommend http://www.clickssl.com to buy your ssl at your price.

Derek Hitch loves to discuss on Tech knowledge.
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

PermissionsExpand / Collapse

All times are GMT -6:00, Time now is 9:28am

SSL.com Knowledge Base. Copyright © 2011